Tuesday, November 9, 2010

29 weeks and counting

It's week 29, I have a cold, and I'm bored out of my mind. I recently cut down hours at work, but now I feel like I have too much time in the day. Don't get me wrong...I have plenty to do, but no energy to do it. This cold has really shot me in the foot. This is day 9 of my cold and I'm getting quite frustrated. Luckily I haven't missed a day of work, but I always come home feeling worse than I did in the morning. Because of this I've made myself sleep a lot more, which is getting really old. I really don't want to be sick this weekend!

mainly because....

The baby shower is this weekend and I'm so excited to see everyone! I feel so loved because so many people are coming from out of town. Thank You! It's going to be so nice to see everyone since I have missed all the out of town events lately. I can't wait to feel healthy and energized again!

So, I know that I really need to get some pictures up. I'm sure I will get some from the shower. Apparently I'm very small for being 7 months pregnant. Someone actually thought I was only 5 months the other day. I guess this is a compliment...I don't feel too bad about it. I'm glad I'm not much bigger right now because I'm already trying to get used to the belly I have. I still am wearing my normal clothes which is nice. I have to do tricks to make my pants work, but I so hate maternity pants. I just can't wear them. They are horrible! When I'm home it's usually sweat pants, which are so nice now that it is getting cold outside. I'm thinking hot apple cider is a definite tonight...it's supposed to snow tonight. I feel it's only appropriate to have a yummy warm drink by the fireplace. :) mmmm...

I've been attempting to cook more now. I've always loved baking, but I thought I'd try my hand at more dinner oriented meals. Tonight is stroganoff, which I've never made. ( Thank you allrecipes.com for your wonderful recipes. :) I made delicious potato and ham soup on Sunday and for the last few weeks have been making breakfast every morning. We really enjoy french toast and sausage. I'm starting to like cooking a lot and now I'm just spoiling Ed. Now if I could enjoy housework just as much we'd be set.

Ed had his third month of drill and still enjoys it very much. He always comes home happy even though they work them to the bone. After our warm dinner Sunday he crashed on the couch at 7 and slept the whole night. He was in a very good mood though, so that made it great. I'm glad he will now enjoy is job. It's such a blessing. I'm still not looking forward to him leaving of course, but in the long run our family will be all the better for it. He'll have great hours and will always be home evenings and weekends. I'm also so happy that he will never have to work on a holiday, unless he's deployed of course. He's really excited and so am I. It is great to see the one I love finally going after his dreams. I love him so much ♥♥♥

So of course I must update about our little baby girl! My mom went with me to my last Dr. appointment because I knew I'd struggle with the driving after having my blood drawn. It was great because she got to hear the heartbeat! I'm measuring great and her heartbeat is normal. She is such a mover still which is so good. She's definitely strong and healthy. She's been getting the hiccups a lot lately which is cute, sad, and annoying all at the same time. I love it! We can't wait to see her! We are already so in love with her! ♥

No comments: