Monday, December 6, 2010

Getting Nervous...

Ok, so I'm not nervous for the labor part of this actually.  It's more for everything else that is going on.  I am definitely on an emotional roller coaster ride.  As my belly grows and the weeks pass I keep thinking about the fact that I'm going to be alone soon with a baby.  I know I have family and friends to help me, but I still won't have my soul mate here beside me.  It just won't be the same.  I cry now...a lot.

I've been trying to come up with plans for things I can do to make the time go by quicker while he is gone.  My list is getting pretty good, but I'm not sure if it will really help.  Don't be surprised if I am very quiet while Ed is gone.  I do that when I'm upset...I'm already doing it.  It is part of my process so don't take offense.

The one true thing I do know is that the Lord will watch over us and protect us.  I can't image going on without my faith.  Our Savior has already brought us to where we need to be right now, and I know he will continue to guide us.    I am thankful for our past trials which forced us back to Boise near family and into an amazingly supportive ward, and I know these up coming trials will bless us in the end.  We must continually learn and grow, and I know this experience will help us both become stronger.  There is no need to fear.

We've been married for 5 1/2 years.  It's been hard and amazing all at the same time.  We are bound together in every way possible and I know that our love and devotion towards one another will get us through this.  The Savior was generous enough to let me have Ed so early on in life and I thank him for it everyday.  Even though I must let him go for a short while, I know things will be all the better for us when he returns.  I will at least have our little girl to keep me company.  I pray he makes wonderful friends while away so that he will not feel alone.  I'd hate for him to feel alone.  I love my husband so much, and although I'm looking forward to kissing the little baby feet that kick me all the time, I'm dreading having to let my husband go off on that plane just a few weeks later.  He will never cease to be in my thoughts and my heart.  He is my eternal rock and companion.  Oh how I love him. ♥

1 comment:

Amber said...

You're an amazing woman, Melissa! I know that it's going to be tough at times and hard, but I know that you'll be able to pull thru it especially with a new life change that will be happening soon! You are so strong! I will keep you in my prayers! Let me know if you need anything!